It is a legal requirement of the nursery to hold information about the children who attend the Nursery and any staff. Basic information is used for registers, invoices and for emergency contacts.
Parents or carers may have access at any time to this information and will be allowed to view their child?s individual file.
The staff, through their close relationships with both the children and their parents, may learn more about the families using the nursery. All staff are aware that this information is confidential and only for use within the nursery setting. Staff safety is also important and if a member of staff feels that they have a concern regarding dangerous malpractice, then they are able to report in confidence to the manager, who will then deal appropriately with the concern or issue.
If a child is considered to be at risk, the nursery?s child protection policy will override this confidentiality policy as a duty of care. This will only be done by a manager or deputy member of staff.
- To ensure that all information held by the nursery regarding children, parents, carers and staff remains confidential at all times.
- All information to be stored in a locked cabinet.
- All staff to be informed of the confidentiality policy and procedures during the induction period.
- To seek permission form parents or carers should any information be requested for whatever reasons.
- All children approaching school age are to be given any foundation stage profiles for them to pass on to their new school.