Parents as Partners Policy
The nursery team will work with parents as partners in providing quality care for their children This ensures both parents and children are happy at all times.
- When a child has their first visit to nursery, a senior member of staff will sit with the parent and ensure all nursery policies and procedures are clearly relayed to parents. This includes the nursery/parent contract and the nursery's confidentiality policy.
- All parents are welcome to visit the nursery at any time and spend time in their child's room. Grandparents and other close relatives who often bring and collect children are also invited to spend time in nursery.
- Parents are encouraged to chat to their child's key worker at any time and each evening when collecting their child.
- Parents have access to their child's records and are consulted in respect of the care given.
- Information about nursery activities and events is displayed weekly, outside of the child's room.
- Parents are able to inspect all the nursery's policies at any time. A copy of all policies is kept in the entrance hall. Each time a newsletter is sent home a copy of a relevant policy is sent out. (This can be any policy)
- News letters are written every three months.
- An annual family fun day held on a Saturday is held, inviting all parents and families. This involves a balloon race.
- If a child is to be collected by an adult other than the usual collector, then a password and photograph must be supplied to either the deputy or the manager.
- A menu is displayed weekly at the front door.
- A suggestion box is in operation.
- Parents' Evenings are held annually.
- It is a responsibility of the nursery that if a child is seen as "a child in need" i.e. any suspicion of neglect, to give appropriate information to referring agencies.